The DN8 is equipped with a 500-watt peak custom Class D digital amplifier, designed to get the most out of the DN8's 3XR architecture. This custom amplification provides enough power and efficiency to play as low as 35Hz from a one-foot wide box. Due to the efficiency of the Class D amp, little power is wasted as heat, and its entire output is dedicated to providing smoother bass and greater impact. This allows the DN8 subwoofer to blend naturally into any audio system while producing greater volume and impact than other designs. In short, a perfect match for the high-performing, compact nature of our ORB satellites.
- bass-reflex (passive radiator) enclosure
- built-in 200-watt RMS Class D amplifier (500-watt peak)
- 8" long-throw woofer
- dual 8" 3XR passive radiators
- LFE input (line-level mono-RCA) for use with a home theater receiver's sub output
- speaker-level inputs (five-way binding post)
- frequency response: 35-200 Hz
- low-pass crossover: 60-120 Hz
- two-position phase switch: 0/180 degrees
- 12-1/16"W x 13-1/16"H x 14-3/16"D
- weight: 27.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years (woofers); 3 years (amp)